Haywood County Election Office
Haywood County Courthouse, Lower Level
1 N. Washington Street
Brownsville, TN 38012
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Administrator of Elections (Appointed Position)
Haywood County Election Commission
- Joan Banks, Chairperson
- Aubrey Bond, Secretary
- Ida Ruth Bradford
- Gene Campbell
- Jan McAdams
Duties of the Haywood County Election Commission
The Haywood County Election Commission conducts all elections, including city, county, state and federal. State election laws are the foundation of all administrative election procedures in the State of Tennessee.
Voter registration, candidate qualifications, petitions for offices, legal notices, early voting, and Election Day voting are some of the major responsibilities that the Election Commission oversees.
Under state law, each county has an election commission of five-members who are appointed by the State Election Commission.
The mission of the Haywood County Election Commission
- Keep the ballot pure and secure so:
- legally registered voters are allowed to vote.
- those not legally registered are prevented from voting.
- Secure a correct and accurate count of the ballots cast.
- Allow voters the freedom to cast their votes in secret without fear, intimidation, or influence.